D&H Group LLP is searching for a service-oriented and highly dynamic Tax Manager to join our firm.
D&H Group LLP is a Vancouver-based firm of Chartered Professional Accountants that has, since our partnership was formed over 60 years ago, set a standard of excellence that is recognized across the industry. D&H Group LLP offers our clients, whether private enterprise, publically listed companies, First Nations organizations, or not-for-profit enterprises, a unique combination of industry leading insight and expertise in tax and accounting combined with highly appreciated levels of personal service and attention.
Our Tax Managers act as senior representatives of the firm to both clients and the community. As a Tax Manager, you will provide quality tax services to private and public-entity clients by understanding their needs and goals, and providing quality service in a timely and cost effective manner. You would also provide advanced advice and leadership to staff in both technical and professional competencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with clients and partners on various engagements.
- Provide assistance to clients on tax planning and tax reorganizations.
- Research tax issues and draft memos on findings.
- Analyze and review financial information.
- Manage the objection and audit process for clients with CRA.
- Provide leadership and advanced technical assistance to staff.
- Provide advanced technical assistance to partners on complex tax matters.
- Manage various Canada Revenue Agency requests.
- Attend and prepare internal training.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor professional staff in the tax group.
- Encourage a positive workplace culture.
Required Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in public practice accounting with a concentration in tax.
- CPA Designation.
- Completion of or working towards CICA In-Depth Tax and/or equivalent education/experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in CaseWare, Tax Prep and MS Office.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a talent for developing positive rapport and convey concepts and services to clients.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a talent for “thinking outside the box” to find solutions.
- Be detailed oriented and have strong analytical skills with both numbers and concepts.
- Strong understanding of tax standards.
- Extensive knowledge of taxation of private companies, individuals and trusts.
- Flexibility of working in the office or at home or both
- Pre-approved CPA route
- Paid overtime
- Staff meals during busy season
- Fridays off in the summer for students
- Paid vacation
- Firm sponsored social events
- Mentorship program
- Extensive training and support
- Staff meals during busy season
- Comprehensive health coverage
- And more!
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the job at any time.
Back to Listings